– Improv/theatre/Performing arts workshops with Internationally acclaimed artists
– Workshop/Art mediation at Berlinische Galerie, and the East Side Gallery
– Be a part of the new and unique “Artsy” take on travel.
This 6 days Culture Fox program is an art entourage that is specially designed for the new-age women and offers inlet into the heart of the art scene of the twin German cities of Leipzig and Berlin. Travel solo with women companions, meet with and learn from brilliant female artists, exploring the beautiful cities through a female gaze and unleash your inner goddesses.
An empowering experience that inspires you to take on the world – a positive and proactive approach to life that encourages you to access your own individuality and creative energy.
Leipzig is the newest cultural hot-spot, rubbing shoulders with Berlin in offering the most explosive art scene Europe has to offer. With the best contemporary artists flocking here, the scene is edgy, inspiring and ever flourishing. This just might be the creative break you have been looking for to get you out of the funk.
Refer below for more details. For further queries, please fill the enquiry form below.
Carmen, our local experts, will be your companion during the program.
The entire itinerary is designed for maximum learning opportunities, along with sufficient time to experience the location at a comfortable pace across the best-known locations and dates.
Morning: Arrival in Berlin, official welcome and introduction
Afternoon: Improv and theatre workshop with Inbal Lori
Evening: Get to know each other over dinner
Morning: Travel to Leipzig
Afternoon: Workshop with local artist in association with Halle 14
Evening: Dinner – Saxon cuisine at Apels Garten
Morning: Drift through the city and enjoy the city’s rich architectural heritage
Afternoon: Visit the Nikolaikirche and say hello to Goethe at his statue
Evening: Travel back to Berlin
Morning: Have a look at the impressive Brandenburg Gate and ascend to the iconic vantage point of the Reichstag building
Afternoon: Get to know Berlin´s Free Performance Art Scene form inside with director and author Susanne Chrudina
Evening: Watch the new piece by the performance collective – Richter / Meyer / Marx at Acker Stadt Palast – “Alien”
Morning: Workshop with Berlinische Galerie
Afternoon: Walk the Berlin Wall and visit the famous east-west border Checkpoint Charlie and East Side Gallery
Evening: Have German cuisine for dinner at Das Lokal
Morning: Experience Berlin´s famous breakfast culture at Cafe Rix
Afternoon: Walk around the vibrant and hip districts Kreuzberg and Neukoelln and try out all the different food specialties of Berlin
Evening: Say good bye to your co discoverers over farewell dinner.
This program is devised for women by women curators, taking them through the artsy streets of Germany with a careful focus on contemporary women artists. Your art proficiency will be assessed before-hand, so we can customize the workshop levels to best augment the collective learning experience.
The workshops are drafted by two of the giant names in the local art circle. In Leipzig, our workshop will be curated by Halle 14 and the free performance arts tour in Berlin will be initiated by PAP.
This cross-genre program is inaugurated with an improv and theatre workshop with internationally renowned Israeli actress and improviser (based in Berlin since 2015) Inbal Lori, on the subject of women in the theatre. Opportunity to learn about the increasingly international performance world, and how women are shaping it, from one of the best. And of course, learning about it also means trying it out yourself!
Then we will kick off to the city of Leipzig. This segment is organized in association with Halle 14 – an independent art centre that is a creative think-space as well as offers facilities like studios, an art library and curates numerous exhibitions that nourish the contemporary local art scene in the city. Halle 14 is situated in the Bauwollspinnerei Leipzig, a former cotton mill, which has been transformed into a centre for artistic production. Ten galleries and around 100 artists (including Neo Rauch, Jim Whiting, Hans Aichinger, and Matthias Weischer) have all settled at the site, as well as restaurants, fashion designers, architects, printers, a goldsmith, a pottery, a film club, a porcelain manufacturer, and an arts supply store.
The workshop will focus on the work of one of the local artist and include lots of hands on experience as well as an artist talk.
The second day in Leipzig is dedicated to discovering the city through its marketplaces and galleries where the crux of this city’s culture is at display. In the evening, we will hop back to Berlin.
Get to know Berlins alternative performing spaces, the actors and protagonists and the understand the free scene historically and architecturally. Berlin´s Free Performance Art Scene is the biggest in the world. With its international flavour, it is very expansive as well as diverse where you will find performance that range from dance to theatre, inhabited by artists across age-groups and geographies.
The director and author Susanne Chrudina leads you through the houses, presents her colleagues and gives you a sneak peek behind the curtains of the world’s biggest free performing scene.
The centre performance piece “Alien” is the body and focuses on gender thinking, body politics and role models.
The weekend begins with a workshop with the Berlinische Galerie which will be organized in tandem with their upcoming exhibition. The Berlinische Galerie is one of the newest museums in the German capital and collects art from Berlin dating from 1870 to the present day – with both a local and international focus.
The program moves to a last round about the ever-enchanting city of Berlin where there is so much to do in so little time. It will involve a food tour to remember and relish your Sunday here, combined with exploring some of the world-famous tourist spots.
The day, and the program, closes with a farewell dinner.
Not from India?; please get in touch with us for the quote.
The program cost covers all on location costs from the meeting point on the morning of 18th April 2017 to the farewell dinner on the 23rd April 2017 in Berlin including:
- Accommodation for 5 nights on shared basis (option of twin/individual rooms available on extra cost)
- Daily meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) for all 6 days
- Cost of workshops
- Cost of local transportation
- Cost of Intercity transportation. From Berlin > Leipzig > Berlin
- Cost of all visits / talks / performance as mentioned in the program
The following are not included in the program fee but can be arranged on extra charge:
- Flight: You are free to book your own flight as per your preference of travel dates or take a quote from us.
- Visa: We will provide you with a letter confirming your participation in the program which you will need for your visa application. You can apply for your visa on your own or seek our assistance for the same.
- Culture Fox is a trademark brand under M/s Terra (In)cognita Services Private Limited
- All payments are to be done in favour of:
- Terra (In)cognita Services Private Limited
- Bank Account number: 409000288247
- IFSC Code: RATN0000141
- An advance of 50% would be required towards confirmation of the trip and the balance to be cleared 15 days before departure.
- The cancellation policies are as mentioned below
- 100% Refund if cancelled within 90 days of tour commencement date
- 50% Refund if cancelled within 50 days of tour commencement date
- No refunds provided if cancelled within 30 days of tour commencement date.
- The itinerary is subject to minor changes. Final itinerary shall be provided prior to the departure.
- If you have participated in the contest for a free pass, pls note that the decision of the management of Terra (In)cognita Services Private Limited will be final and no queries shall be entertained in this regard.
- Flight bookings and visa processing needs to be taken care of by yourself directly. We would extend our complete support in terms of following the right processes or can also assist you on the same at extra cost.
- The program fee does not include any personal expenses or any other costs which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- The stay will be primarily in shared multi-bed rooms. Twin or single occupancy, with en-suite bathroom, can be arranged upon extra cost.
- We will attempt to make all necessary arrangement for food requirements; vegetarian or any other. Do let us know of your specific food needs, if any.
- The tour leader will lay down certain rules primarily keeping in mind the group safety & wellbeing. The tour leader’s word is final in all dispute situations.
- Respect the culture and sentiments of locals.
- The currency used is Euro. Credit cards are accepted at almost all locations around the country.
- Any diversions or optional activities, which are not listed, would need to be paid for additionally.
- All photographs would be published via our social network group pages and we do not charge additional for any pictures, unless some special requirements.